For the Ki Smith Gallery team, the health and safety of our visitors, collectors and artists is paramount. In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have unfortunately had to postpone the opening reception for Base 12: Don’t Call It a Comeback until further notice. Should you be interested in seeing the works in a less public setting, we will be open by appointment for private tours of the exhibition. Please contact to schedule a viewing.
Follow us on Instagram @kismithgallery or sign up for our mailing list for updates!
BASE 12: Don't Call It a Comeback
March 3 – ???, 2020
New works by Caslon Bevington, Ryan Bock, Morell Cutler, Jay "The Love Child" Gittens, Alana Dee Haynes, Kolter "Senor Melon" Hodgson, Charlie Hudson, Julia Powers, James Reyes, James Rubio, Bruno Smith and Sei Smith.
Christie's CSR Online Auction for GlobalGiving
During this frightening Coronavirus pandemic, it is more important than ever to come together as a community to support the people and causes suffering the most. Your participation will support artists globally, each of whom are similarly affected and no longer have access to public exhibition spaces. History has demonstrated that some of the most powerful artworks were made in the darkest times. Your participation will also directly support communities, hospitals and children in need.
75% of your donation or purchases will go directly to artists and 25% of your donation or purchases will go directly to GlobalGiving's Coronavirus Relief Fund which provides:
• Doctors, nurses, and other front line responders to communities in need
• Masks, ventilators, and other lifesaving medical supplies to hospitals and clinics
• Essential items to struggling families and older individuals in quarantined cities and refugee camps
• Food to children that rely on school meals as their only source of nutrition
• As the situation evolves, the fund will transition to support longer-term recovery and education efforts run by local, vetted organizations in affected regions.
We are pleased to announce that we will be donating the entirety of Base 12: Don't Call It a Comeback, as well as selected works from previous exhibitions, to support this important cause.